Valuation & Financial Modeling
This 28-hour immersion program covers the most relevant valuation methodologies and modeling techniques used on Wall Street today. These are the same sessions that are provided to all incoming analysts and associates at banks, private equity firms, and hedge funds. As a result of the training, you will gain fluency in the language of finance, and if necessary, be able to ace any interviews not only in investment banking, but all other related industries in finance.
- Business undergrads and MBA’s
- Investment Banking analysts and associates
- Private Equity, Hedge Fund and Venture Capital analysts and associates
- Equity Research and Asset Wealth Management analysts and associates
- Corporate Finance and Business Development professionals
- Strategy Consultants & Entrepreneurs
- Career changers and industry professionals who want to hone their modeling skills
After this course student will:
- Build complete models of discounted cash flows, comparable company analysis, and precedent transactions.
- Understand how to review SEC filings and extract all of the relevant information.
- Build a three-statement model by tying together income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
- Develop a leveraged buyout (“LBO”) model, full-blown merger (“M&A”) model, and back of the envelope accretion dilution model.
- Have a marketable resume and be well prepared for technical questions in the interview process.
Class is limited to 15 students and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
For a syllabus please click here
Established in 2002, The Investment Banking Institute is the world’s largest financial modeling training
program, offering an accelerated career path for both current finance professionals and all individuals
seeking to enter the finance industry.
- 22 locations worldwide and over 35,000 graduates
- Over 1,200 class sessions conducted annually
- Market leading 9:1 student to teacher ratio
- Industry standard valuation methodologies
- Average 17 years of bulge bracket experience
- Average 8 years of teaching experience with IBI
- $225 billion in aggregate transaction volume
- Over 750 completed transactions
IBI Instructor Spencer Adams
IBI Student Testimonials
NEXT TORONTO CLASS
Office: (866) 661-4424
SEP 14 – SEP 29, 2019
10:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Session 1: Saturday, September 14
Session 2: Sunday, September 15
Session 3: Saturday, September 21
Session 4: Sunday, September 22
Session 5: Saturday, September 28
Session 6: Sunday, September 29
IBI Financial Modeling Course
Meet the Toronto Instructor
VIKRAM IYER, CFA, is a subject matter expert in Valuation, Financial Modeling and Financial Statement Analysis, with over 10 years of teaching experience in the application of Investment Banking knowledge, analysis of Pro-Forma deals, Precedent Transactions, Comparable Analysis models.
Vikram began his career as an Investment Banking Analyst with Citigroup where he covered valuation of companies primarily in Telecommunications, Media and Technology. Then based in Mumbai, he was integrated with all regional franchises including AMRS, APAC and EMEA in preparation of Pitch books.
Vikram then transitioned to become an Equity Research Associate with Morgan Stanley in Mumbai, tracking more than 30 companies in the APAC region. Working with the lead analyst, Vikram’s expertise was in the generation of ideas, and defining the next growth set.
Contact IBI Toronto
Investment Banking Institute
TD Canada Trust Tower
161 Bay Street, Suite 2700
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2S1
Business Hours (Eastern Time):
Monday – Friday 9:00am to 10:00pm
Saturday – Sunday 9:00am to 7:00pm