Valuation & Financial Modeling
This 28-hour immersion program covers the most relevant valuation methodologies and modeling techniques used on Wall Street today. These are the same sessions that are provided to all incoming analysts and associates at banks, private equity firms, and hedge funds. As a result of the training, you will gain fluency in the language of finance, and if necessary, be able to ace any interviews not only in investment banking, but all other related industries in finance.
- Business undergrads and MBA’s
- Investment Banking analysts and associates
- Private Equity, Hedge Fund and Venture Capital analysts and associates
- Equity Research and Asset Wealth Management analysts and associates
- Corporate Finance and Business Development professionals
- Strategy Consultants & Entrepreneurs
- Career changers and industry professionals who want to hone their modeling skills
After this course student will:
- Build complete models of discounted cash flows, comparable company analysis, and precedent transactions.
- Understand how to review SEC filings and extract all of the relevant information.
- Build a three-statement model by tying together income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
- Develop a leveraged buyout (“LBO”) model, full-blown merger (“M&A”) model, and back of the envelope accretion dilution model.
- Have a marketable resume and be well prepared for technical questions in the interview process.
Class is limited to 15 students and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
For a syllabus please click here
Established in 2002, The Investment Banking Institute is the world’s largest financial modeling training
program, offering an accelerated career path for both current finance professionals and all individuals
seeking to enter the finance industry.
- 22 locations worldwide and over 35,000 graduates
- Over 1,200 class sessions conducted annually
- Market leading 9:1 student to teacher ratio
- Industry standard valuation methodologies
- Average 17 years of bulge bracket experience
- Average 8 years of teaching experience with IBI
- $225 billion in aggregate transaction volume
- Over 750 completed transactions
IBI Instructor Spencer Adams
IBI Student Testimonials
PLEASE NOTE OUR NEW LOCATION
Golden Gate University
536 Mission Street, Room 4222
San Francisco, CA 94105
Office: (866) 661-4424
JULY 20 – AUGUST 4, 2019
9:00 AM — 2:30 PM
Sessions 1 & 2: Saturday, July 20
Sessions 3 & 4: Sunday, July 21
Sessions 5 & 6: Saturday, July 27
Sessions 7 & 8: Sunday, July 28
Sessions 9 & 10: Saturday, August 3
Sessions 11 & 12: Sunday, August 4
IBI Financial Modeling Course
Meet the San Francisco Instructor
Ali Tabibian has 28 years of experience in finance. He co-founded GTK Partners to provide outsourced corporate developed services. The firm has grown to provide M&A advisory, private placement services involving corporate investors and strategic advisory. The firm also makes direct investments in growth companies. Ali’s and GTK’s clients span private growth companies to large private equity firms and corporations such as Bain Capital, CSAA (AAA Insurance), Symantec and Qualcomm. While GTK’s work span many sectors, the convergence of software and hardware, such as in autonomy and the Internet of Things, are of particular of expertise. Ali is the current editor and host of GTK’s “Tech. Cars. Machines.” series of publications and podcasts
Earlier in his career, Ali was with Morgan Stanley and Merrill Lynch’s investment banking groups in the Bay Area, where he focused on technology and media transactions. Ali started his career with The First Boston Corporation (now Credit Suisse) in New York.