RICK MARCHESE is an experienced Wall Street and Silicon Valley investment banker having completed nearly 50 transactions totaling over $10 Billion USD and having covered a broad base of public and private financing and M&A advisory assignments across the globe. He has worked with a wide range of clients from venture capital financing for start-ups to strategic advisory for Fortune 50 companies. His industry experience covers Chemicals, Transportation, Telecom, Retailing, Consumer Products, Technology, and Security and Defense industries.
Most recently Rick served as Vice President at Deutsche Bank in their Consumer Products and Retail Client Group in New York where he called on and worked with corporate and private equity clients throughout the world.
Prior to Deutsche Bank, Rick split his time between Merrill Lynch’s Consumer Products Group in New York and their Internet Technology Group in Silicon Valley, California where he led their Internet eCommerce, effort raising capital for growing internet companies and providing strategic advisory for Fortune 500 companies looking to monetize or expand their existing internet businesses.
Rick began his investment banking career at Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette (subsequently acquired by Credit Suisse) as a corporate finance associate in the generalist program. He immediately gained significant transaction experience in emerging markets, private equity and leveraged finance.
Rick has also been extensively involved in interviewing, recruiting, training and staffing analysts and associates at Merrill Lynch and Deutsche Bank. He previously taught undergraduate economics at Texas Central College. He is a former U.S. Naval Officer and a member of the Singapore Institute of Directors.
Rick has an M.B.A. in Finance and Accounting from the University of Chicago – Booth and a B.S. in Economics from the United States Naval Academy at Annapolis. He is a Chartered Alternative Financial Analyst (CAIA).
- Lead-managed $4.5 billion debt financing for Bain Capital and The Blackstone Group’s leveraged buyout of Michaels Stores, the world’s largest specialty retailer of arts and crafts
- Completed $325 million dividend recapitalization of Simmons Bedding, a leading bedding manufacturer, for T. H. Lee Partners
- Acted as sole placement agent for $150 million debt offering for Bonduelle, S.A. a leading French processed vegetables company
- Managed $300 million initial public offering for Del Monte Foods, an American food production and distribution company
- Advised La-Z-Boy on its $300 million acquisition of LADD Furniture, a transformative deal which repositioned La-Z-Boy as one of the leading U.S. manufacturers of residential furniture
- Lead-managed $110 million initial public offering for AO VimpelCom, the third largest telecom operator in Russia and the first Russian company to list on the NYSE. Subsequently completed a $100 million follow-on equity offering
- Lead-managed $125 million follow-on equity offering for Bell & Howell Inc., a media equipment manufacturer. Also advised on financial and strategic alternatives including recapitalization, spin-off and divestitures. Executed tender offer and recapitalization of $280 million of high yield debt
- Managed a $240 million equity offering and a $200 million follow-on equity offering for DealerTrack, the leading provider of on-demand software for the U.S. auto industry
- Advised private equity firm, Mid-Ocean Partners on the acquisition of Bushnell Outdoor Products, a leading supplier of sports optics and outdoor accessories
- Advised private equity firm, Pegasus Partners on the sale of Cannondale Bicycles to Dorel Industries
- Managed a $185 million high yield offering for PT Tri Polyta, an Indonesian supplier of petrochemicals
- Acted as exclusive agent and advisor for the sale of Murray’s Discount Auto Parts, an automotive parts retailer. Completed acquisition financing of $25 million of privately placed high yield notes