JEFFREY NOLAND is a senior finance executive and former investment banker who brings over 20 years experience involving M&A, complex valuations of both private and public companies, and structuring real estate private equity transactions.
Jeff is the Co-Founder, Managing Partner and Chief Operating Officer of DartPoints, a leading operator in micro and edge compute data centers. He had previously served as the Chief Financial Officer and Executive Vice President overseeing business development for Briar Capital, a specialty finance company with operations in Dallas and Houston. In this role, Jeff oversees all financial aspects of the company (including bank and Board reporting), and works to finance companies operating in diverse industries.
Prior to his current role, Jeff served as Vice President of Newport Coast Capital Management, LLC, a real estate development and investment management firm in Southern California backed by ING Realty Partners, where he was responsible for structuring, negotiating, and financing complex real estate transactions involving the purchase and/or development of major Southern California resort properties, office buildings, raw land, and high-end residential communities.
Prior to his role at NCCM, Jeff was a Senior Associate and project manager for Charles River Associates, where he was charged with the coordination and management of damages analyses and expert witness testimony for large corporate litigation matters.
In addition, Jeff has extensive experience as an investment banker with Fleet M&A Advisors (formerly Howard, Lawson & Co.) in their M&A and securities valuation practices. He was involved in dozens of valuations of public and private companies for M&A advisory, pre-IPO valuations, stock option/warrant valuations, hostile takeover defense, and tax purposes.
Jeff also worked as Senior Manager of Business Development with Siebel Systems, where he structured, negotiated, and closed over 100 complex licensing deals involving intellectual property from Silicon Valley’s leading companies.
He has also qualified and testified as a damages expert in United States Federal Court based on his expertise in finance and business valuation.
Jeff holds an MBA from The Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania and a B.S. in Finance from the Miami University (OH).
- $1.2 billion damages award ($200 million actual damages and $1.0 billion of punitive damages) against a major U.S. financial institution
- $600 million in damages to client for patent infringement by Dell, Gateway, Hewlett-Packard, and others
- $235 million in damages against an air cargo services company
- Pre-IPO rights valuation for $178.8 million IPO of Internet incubator company
- $125 million purchase and conversion of a 560-room luxury hotel to condominium hotel
- Pre-IPO rights valuation for $56.4 million IPO of Internet company
- $55 million purchase and conversion of a 475-room hotel to full-service independent- and assisted-living facility
- $27 million purchase and planned $40 million renovation of a 193-room full-service hotel for resale as a luxury condominium hotel
- $25.9 million raw land acquisition and $60 million development of 5,400 acres in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- Sell-side advisory for $20 million sale of insurance (property/casualty) company
- Sell-side advisory for $15 million sale of regional formalwear company
- Successful Defense from hostile takeover attempt of publicly traded microwave electronics company