DAN KOBAYASHI is a senior investment banker with 10 years of investment banking experience in Mergers and Acquisitions, Leveraged Buyouts, Public Offerings and Private Placements of Debt and Equity, and Financial and Strategic Advisory Engagements. Dan has advised middle market and large capitalization companies in a variety of sectors including Financial Services, Business Services, Healthcare, Technology, Media and Telecommunications, Alternative Energy, Aerospace Defense and Consumer and Retail.
Dan currently serves as a Vice President in the Investment Banking Department of Dominick & Dominick LLC, an investment bank founded in 1870, and one of the earliest members of the New York Stock Exchange, where he takes an active role in the execution of mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt capital raises, and strategic advisory engagements.
Prior to Dominick & Dominick, Dan was a Senior Associate in the Financial Institutions Group of J.P. Morgan where he executed M&A, public and private equity and debt transactions, and strategic advisory assignments. Prior to joining J.P. Morgan, Dan was a Senior Associate with Milestone Merchant Partners LLC, where he focused on mergers and acquisitions in the financial services industry and led the firm’s analyst and associate recruiting. Dan began his career at Houlihan Lokey, working on sell-side M&A, fairness opinions, and ESOP and intangible asset valuations.
Dan graduated from The McIntire School of Commerce at the University of Virginia.
- Advisor to The Blackstone Group’s attempt to acquire PHH Corp. with General Electric Co. for approximately $1.8 billion
- Managed a $500 million offering of Senior Unsecured Notes of American Capital, Ltd.
- Managed a $170 million Initial Public Offering of European Capital, Ltd., a subsidiary of American Capital, Ltd.
- Advised ResMAE Financial Corp. on its sale to Citadel Investment Group, LLC for $178 million
- Advised New York Mortgage Trust, Inc. on the sale of its retail lending platform to IndyMac Bancorp, Inc.
- Advised BFI Business Finance, Inc. on its sale to Pacific Western Bank for $35 million
- Placement agent to The Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group, Inc. in a $31 million senior debt financing transaction with CapitalSource, Inc.
- Advised Lotto Sport Italia SPA on its acquisition of Etonic Worldwide, LLC
- Advised Morgan Stanley on its cross-border acquisition of Access Home Loans Ltd.
- Advised The Royal Bank of Canada on the sale of RBC Mortgage Co. to Home 1-2-3 Corp.
- Advised Washington Mutual, Inc. on the sale of certain residential home loan centers to American Home Mortgage Investment Corp.
- Advised Ponce General Corp. on its sale to First BanCorp. for $102 million
- Advised Engineered Arresting Systems Corp. on its sale to Zodiac SA for $62 million