ASHISH KOHLI is a seasoned investment banker with over 15 years of transaction experience across all product groups of investment banking and private equity including leveraged buyouts, mergers and acquisitions, private placements, IPOs and secondary offerings, high yield debt and restructuring. He also led IB Training programs in all the firms where he worked including leading the global analyst and associate training program at HSBC in NY and London.
Ashish’s experience throughout the US and Europe includes his role as a Principal/Director for the Investment Banking Division of ThinkEquity Partners NY/Panmure Gordon UK in the Corporate Finance Group leading transactions across all industries. He was previously a Vice President of Investment Banking in the Execution Group (M&A and capital raising) for HSBC Securities (USA) Inc. in NY where he executed M&A and capital raising transactions in industries such as consumer/retail, real estate and oil and gas.
Prior to HSBC, Ashish was a Senior Associate for the Investment Banking Division of Jefferies & Company as a Generalist and in the Technology and Media Group where he focused on restructuring and recapitalizations, M&A advisory and capital raisings. He advised Samsonite on its recapitalization and the deal was awarded the 2003 U.S. Middle Market Deal of the Year by Mergers and Acquisitions Advisor.
In earlier years Ashish was an Associate in the Investment Banking Division of Credit Suisse First Boston/Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette where he worked in the Generalist and Technology Groups, advising and raising capital for companies across a number of different sectors. He also worked with DLJ’s private equity group, one of the leading private equity groups on Wall Street.
Ashish earned his undergrad degree from Shri Ram College of Commerce and a MBA from Northwestern’s Kellogg Graduate School of Management (Dean’s List). He is also a Chartered Accountant (US CPA).
- Managed a $2.1 billion IPO for Genuity
- Managed a $1.2 billion high yield financing and lead-managed a $825 million convertible stock offering for PSINet
- Managed the $750 million AIM listing of Hirco real estate fund
- Advised Samsonite Corporation on its $600 million recapitalization transaction including $106 million new equity investment by Bain Capital, Ontario Teachers Pension Fund, and Ares Capital. Deal was awarded the 2003 U.S. Middle Market Deal of the Year by Mergers and Acquisitions Advisor
- Advised William Grant & Sons on its potential $400 million acquisition of Svedka vodka in the U.S.
- Represented the ad hoc committee of $380.5 million 13% Senior Notes of Mpower Holding Corporation in its successful restructuring
- Managed a $200 million AIM listing of a close-ended fund focused on renewable energy and environmental services in Asia
- Advised PlayCore on its $200 million sale to Chartwell Investments
- Managed a $160 million SPAC offering for a company focused on acquisition of consumer and business service companies in the U.S.
- Managed a $160 million high yield offering for IMAX corp
- Lead-managed a $132.5 million IPO and a $110.7 million secondary offering for ManTech International Corporation