Ali Tabibian has 28 years of experience in finance. He co-founded GTK Partners to provide outsourced corporate developed services. The firm has grown to provide M&A advisory, private placement services involving corporate investors and strategic advisory. The firm also makes direct investments in growth companies. Ali’s and GTK’s clients span private growth companies to large private equity firms and corporations such as Bain Capital, CSAA (AAA Insurance), Symantec and Qualcomm. While GTK’s work span many sectors, the convergence of software and hardware, such as in autonomy and the Internet of Things, are of particular of expertise. Ali is the current editor and host of GTK’s “Tech. Cars. Machines.” series of publications and podcasts
Earlier in his career, Ali was with Morgan Stanley and Merrill Lynch’s investment banking groups in the Bay Area, where he focused on technology and media transactions. Ali started his career with The First Boston Corporation (now Credit Suisse) in New York.
Ali earned a B.S. and an M.S. in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University. He was awarded both degrees in four years and is a member of the Tau Beta Pi engineering honor society.
- Boeing’s acquisition of McDonnell Douglas for $15 billion
- Boeing’s acquisition of Rockwell Aerospace & Defense for $3 billion
- IBM’s unsolicited acquisition of Lotus Development for $3.5 billion
- The sale of Linxens SA to Astorg SA for $800 million in a leveraged transaction
- The sale of Symantec’s stake in HuaweiSymantec for $510 million
- The divestitures of Qualcomm’s mobile wallet unit to a Verizon/AT&T/T-mobile joint venture
- Buyside advisory for FCI SA, a Bain Capital portfolio company
- A software investment by CSAA (AAA Insurance)
- Strategic advisory for Brocade Inc.
- The carveout of Agari, Inc. from Cisco Systems
- The sale of Klastech GMBH to Power Technology, Inc.