Valuation & Financial Modeling
Our immersion program covers the most relevant valuation methodologies and modeling techniques used on Wall Street today. These are the same sessions that are provided to all incoming analysts and associates at banks, private equity firms, and hedge funds. As a result of the training, you will gain fluency in the language of finance, and if necessary, be able to ace any interviews not only in investment banking, but all other related industries in finance.
- Business undergrads and MBA’s
- Investment Banking analysts and associates
- Private Equity, Hedge Fund and Venture Capital analysts and associates
- Equity Research and Asset Wealth Management analysts and associates
- Corporate Finance and Business Development professionals
- Strategy Consultants & Entrepreneurs
- Career changers and industry professionals who want to hone their modeling skills
After this course student will:
- Build complete models of discounted cash flows, comparable company analysis, and precedent transactions.
- Understand how to review SEC filings and extract all of the relevant information.
- Build a three-statement model by tying together income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
- Develop a leveraged buyout (“LBO”) model, full-blown merger (“M&A”) model, and back of the envelope accretion dilution model.
- Have a marketable resume and be well prepared for technical questions in the interview process.
Class is limited to 15 students and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
For a syllabus please click here
Established in 2002, The Investment Banking Institute is the world’s largest financial modeling training
program, offering an accelerated career path for both current finance professionals and all individuals
seeking to enter the finance industry.
- 22 locations worldwide and over 35,000 graduates
- Over 1,200 class sessions conducted annually
- Market leading 9:1 student to teacher ratio
- Industry standard valuation methodologies
- Average 17 years of bulge bracket experience
- Average 8 years of teaching experience with IBI
- $225 billion in aggregate transaction volume
- Over 750 completed transactions
NEXT NEW YORK CLASS
THE FITZPATRICK MANHATTAN HOTEL
The Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel
687 Lexington Avenue, (BETWEEN 56TH & 57TH STREET)
New York, NY 10022
January 11 – January 19, 2020
Meet the New York Instructor
Reuben Advani is a seasoned financial executive and author. Mr. Advani began his career with the Wall Street bank, Morgan Stanley where he worked in the firm’s debt capital markets group. He later joined the firm’s corporate finance group where he worked on debt and equity offerings for multi-national energy companies. After Morgan Stanley, Mr. Advani joined Sony Corporation where he evaluated acquisition targets and developed an equity option pricing model. Mr. Advani then went on to found, build, and sell a financial education company that offered finance courses to corporations and law firms worldwide. More recently, Mr. Advani has been active in the education technology space with a focus on structuring cross-border partnerships and joint ventures. Additionally, Mr. Advani was a founding partner of Foster Capital Partners, a real estate investment firm focusing on multi-unit residential properties.