Valuation & Financial Modeling
This 28-hour immersion program covers the most relevant valuation methodologies and modeling techniques used on Wall Street today. These are the same sessions that are provided to all incoming analysts and associates at banks, private equity firms, and hedge funds. As a result of the training, you will gain fluency in the language of finance, and if necessary, be able to ace any interviews not only in investment banking, but all other related industries in finance.
- Business undergrads and MBA’s
- Investment Banking analysts and associates
- Private Equity, Hedge Fund and Venture Capital analysts and associates
- Equity Research and Asset Wealth Management analysts and associates
- Corporate Finance and Business Development professionals
- Strategy Consultants & Entrepreneurs
- Career changers and industry professionals who want to hone their modeling skills
After this course student will:
- Build complete models of discounted cash flows, comparable company analysis, and precedent transactions.
- Understand how to review SEC filings and extract all of the relevant information.
- Build a three-statement model by tying together income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
- Develop a leveraged buyout (“LBO”) model, full-blown merger (“M&A”) model, and back of the envelope accretion dilution model.
- Have a marketable resume and be well prepared for technical questions in the interview process.
Class is limited to 15 students and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
For a syllabus please click here
Established in 2002, The Investment Banking Institute is the world’s largest financial modeling training
program, offering an accelerated career path for both current finance professionals and all individuals
seeking to enter the finance industry.
- 22 locations worldwide and over 35,000 graduates
- Over 1,200 class sessions conducted annually
- Market leading 9:1 student to teacher ratio
- Industry standard valuation methodologies
- Average 17 years of bulge bracket experience
- Average 8 years of teaching experience with IBI
- $225 billion in aggregate transaction volume
- Over 750 completed transactions
IBI Instructor Spencer Adams
IBI Student Testimonials
NEXT NEW YORK CLASS
THE FITZPATRICK MANHATTAN HOTEL
The Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel
687 Lexington Avenue, (BETWEEN 56TH & 57TH STREET)
New York, NY 10022
JUNE 25 – JULY 23, 2019
6:30 PM – 10:00 PM
Session 1: Tuesday, June 25
Session 2: Thursday, June 27
Session 3: Tuesday, July 2
Session 4: Tuesday, July 9
Session 5: Thursday, July 11
Session 6: Tuesday, July 16
Session 7: Thursday, July 18
Session 8: Tuesday, July 23
JULY 18 – AUGUST 13, 2019
6:30 PM – 10:00 PM
Session 1: Thursday, July 18
Session 2: Tuesday, July 23
Session 3: Thursday, July 25
Session 4: Tuesday, July 30
Session 5: Thursday, August 1
Session 6: Tuesday, August 6
Session 7: Thursday, August 8
Session 8: Tuesday, August 13
Meet the New York Instructors
ASHISH KOHLI is a seasoned investment banker with over 15 years of transaction experience across all product groups of investment banking and private equity including leveraged buyouts, mergers and acquisitions, private placements, IPOs and secondary offerings, high yield debt and restructuring. He also led IB Training programs in all the firms where he worked including leading the global analyst and associate training program at HSBC in NY and London.
Ashish’s experience throughout the US and Europe includes his role as a Principal/Director for the Investment Banking Division of ThinkEquity Partners NY/Panmure Gordon UK in the Corporate Finance Group leading transactions across all industries. He was previously a Vice President of Investment Banking in the Execution Group (M&A and capital raising) for HSBC Securities (USA) Inc. in NY where he executed M&A and capital raising transactions in industries such as consumer/retail, real estate and oil and gas.
DAN KOBAYASHI is a senior investment banker with 10 years of investment banking experience in Mergers and Acquisitions, Leveraged Buyouts, Public Offerings and Private Placements of Debt and Equity, and Financial and Strategic Advisory Engagements. Dan has advised middle market and large capitalization companies in a variety of sectors including Financial Services, Business Services, Healthcare, Technology, Media and Telecommunications, Alternative Energy, Aerospace Defense and Consumer and Retail.
Dan currently serves as a Vice President in the Investment Banking Department of Dominick & Dominick LLC, an investment bank founded in 1870, and one of the earliest members of the New York Stock Exchange, where he takes an active role in the execution of mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt capital raises, and strategic advisory engagements.