Investment Banking Institute Mexico City
IBI MEXICO CITY COURSE SCHEDULE
Sessions 1 & 2: Saturday, March 10th
Sessions 3 & 4: Sunday, March 11th
Sessions 5 & 6: Saturday, March 17th
Sessions 7 & 8: Sunday, March 18th
Sessions 9 & 10: Saturday, March 24th
Sessions 11 & 12: Sunday, March 25th
CONTACT MEXICO CITY
+52 1 55 5218 4081
IBI MEXICO CITY+52 1 55 5218 4081
The classes take place at the Spanish Chamber of Commerce, located in Avenida Homero 1430, Polanco District, which is considered one of the most exclusive districts in Mexico City. It is near renowned hotels such as Hyatt, W, Intercontinental and also close to shopping malls, such as Palacio de Hierro, Antara and Carso.
Investment Banking Institute
Cámara de Comercio Española
Avenida Homero 1430
Polanco II Secc
Ciudad de México,
|IBI MEXICO CITY BANKER-INSTRUCTOR PROFILE
JESUS PUY, is a seasoned investment banker with over 20 years of transaction experience in Europe and the Americas. He has structured more than 5.8 billion € of debt in a wide array of complex financial products such as wrapped debt, project finance, acquisition finance, future flow securitizations and asset based finance. The international press has granted the “deal of the year” award, in four occasions, to transactions where he has been actively involved.
He is currently the founding partner of Alcotan Consultores S.A. de C.V., a financial consulting boutique in Mexico City. Prior to that he was Vice President and Operation Director for Latin America of Hill International, an American listed consulting company. Jesús’ experience also includes his role as Director of the monoline Financial Security Assurance, FSA, where he was the founder of the Madrid representative office. In FSA he designed the financing of several large infrastructure transactions. Prior to joining Financial Security Assurance, he was the Director of Structured Finance for the investment banking unit of Caja Madrid, where he lead the bespoke financing activity of Caja Madrid to its major corporate clients. Jesus’ team was in charge of structuring, underwriting and syndicating the project finance, acquisition finance and asset based (vessels, aircrafts) finance business in Caja Madrid.
Before joining Caja Madrid, Jesus was the Head of the Specialised Finance Division of Banque Nationale de Paris – currently BNP Paribas – in Madrid, where he was in charge of Project and Export finance. Jesus started his professional experience in Bouygues, where he was development & field engineer in Saur, Bouygues’ water and environment subsidiary.
Jesus was a member and speaker of the Spanish Government Official delegation of the US – Spain Infrastructure Forum in 2002 and was also the speaker, on behalf of the European bank community, at the Latin American Energy Organization in 2000.
Jesús is a MSc. in Mining Engineering by the Madrid School of Mines and holds a Master in Management by the Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales (HEC) of Paris.
Selected Transaction Experience:
- 1.8 billion US$ of wrapped debt for the Chicago Skyway, being at that moment the largest infrastructure bond issue ever done. Infrastructure Deal of the year 2006, Project Finance Magazine.
- 360 million € to finance the construction, on a non recourse basis, of the Bizkaia steel mini mill.
- 325 million € for the combined bond issue and EIB loan for Feria de Valencia.
- US$ 250 million of wrapped debt for the Chilean toll road Rutas del Pacífico. Latin American Deal of the year 2002, Project Finance International; Latin American Transport Deal of the year 2002, Project Finance Magazine.
- 110 million € wrapped refinancing of the Autovía de la Mancha shadow toll road, first project finance of a toll road to be rated in the “A” category by Standard & Poor’s and Moody’s rating agencies.
- 96 million € future flow securitization for the Seville water company. European Municipal Finance deal of the year, Project Finance Magazine 2002.
Headquarters: 750 3rd Avenue, Ninth Floor, New York, NY 10017
For expedited service, please call our offices
© 2002-2018 Investment Banking Institute.
All rights reserved.