Frequently Asked Questions
Additionally, your technical knowledge (modeling and valuation) can be summed up in six, succinct bullet points—whose value will be quickly understood by any interviewer or recruiter.
Additionally, our course will also benefit business owners, IT professionals, corporate executives, attorneys, and accounts—-essentially everyone and anyone who may have cause to work with (or against) finance professionals.
To learn more about who has joined IBI, click here for a list of corporation and universities.
Lastly, you will learn as if you were a first-year analyst or associate. You will build financial models and generally hone your skills and abilities by doing, rather than listening.
We focus on two types of students: those already in the finance industry, but who are seeking to hone their existing modeling skills, and those who are looking to break in.
For newcomers, IBI has implemented a time-tested, carefully-crafted approach that has led to success for countless students.
Our model is simple:
- Hone your knowledge of the key skills of financial modeling and valuation, from seasoned bankers.
- Master soft skills: demonstrate your abilities on resumes and mock interviews.
- Review skills and return to IBI’s courses as often as you wish (at no extra charge).
- Continue to follow up on your job applications.
They are similar, but here are some of the key differences:
- Traditional valuation methods are required for both practices, and there is some overlap between the two (PE specialists often begin their careers as investment bankers).
- However, investment bankers execute transactions on behalf of clients, PE specialists will execute transactions on behalf of their funds.
- Additionally, private equity firms, because they are handling their own capital, are much stricter with hiring requirements.
Our deliverables are integral to our program. Part of our training includes giving you a detailed reference library which you can use throughout your investment career. Once you finish the course, you will have all the slides (over 500), all the Excel-based financial models and any other handouts offered in each session. They will be in electronic format, setup to easily print if you decide. This is an invaluable tool, as you will be able to use the Excel templates and reference materials at any firm where you become a financial analyst or associate.
We’re much cheaper and more thorough. Let’s put it this way: our offerings are highly specialized and taught by instructors who have real-world experience, unlike the broader umbrella of an MBA program. In fact, we’ve taught MBA graduates these very skills.
Our course covers the same material as any first-year training program at a major financial institution, but to a deeper extent.
Yes. The skills you will get from IBI are deeper than what you will be taught when joining investment banks, private equity firms, or hedge funds. If you are looking for the inside edge, this is it.