Can I add IBI to my resume and cover letter?
Absolutely. After successfully completing IBI’s rigorous training, be sure to emphasize on your cover letter that you will be qualified to perform the responsibilities delegated to any first-year financial analyst or associate.
Additionally, your technical knowledge (modeling and valuation) can be summed up in six, succinct bullet points—whose value will be quickly understood by any interviewer or recruiter.
How do I know IBI will actually help me get the career I’m looking for?
Glad you asked. Our exemplary record, long experience, and successful alumni are evidence of our efficiency and effectiveness. For almost 15 years, we’ve trained—and placed—alum in all the manner of financial institutions, where they’ve gone on to succeed. Give us a call today to learn more about how we can help you attain your dream career.
How is IBI different from its competitors?
Here are just a few ways:
- We offer the same financial modeling training program provided by PE firms, hedge funds, and investment banks.
- All of our courses are taught by expert investment bankers who have worked extensively in the field.
- Broken down into 28 intensive hours, our courses are the longest and most thorough of its kind.
- All students will undergo soft skills workshops, learning to prepare for interviews, revise and rewrite resumes and cover letters, and finally, to succeed in a new workplace.
- Should you wish, you can take or retake classes as needed, at no extra charge.
Is this only an investment banking course?
Actually, IBI Institute’s seminars are applicable to investment bankers, private equity, hedge funds, equity research (both buy- and sell-side), asset management, corporate finance and strategy, and private wealth management. See a full list on our homepage.
Additionally, our course will also benefit business owners, IT professionals, corporate executives, attorneys, and accounts—-essentially everyone and anyone who may have cause to work with (or against) finance professionals.
I don’t just want to sit in and listen to lectures. How will IBI personalize my instruction?
Unlike other institutes, which pack students into crowded seminars, we pride ourselves on the free-flowing interaction between instructor and student.
Lastly, you will learn as if you were a first-year analyst or associate. You will build financial models and generally hone your skills and abilities by doing, rather than listening.
Is IBI affiliated with other institutions?
Investment Banking Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website.
In what cities is the financial modeling class currently being offered?
How does this financial modeling training help me enter the industry?
We focus on two types of students: those already in the finance industry, but who are seeking to hone their existing modeling skills, and those who are looking to break in.
For newcomers, IBI has implemented a time-tested, carefully-crafted approach that has led to success for countless students.
Our model is simple:
- Hone your knowledge of the key skills of financial modeling and valuation, from seasoned bankers.
- Master soft skills: demonstrate your abilities on resumes and mock interviews.
- Review skills and return to IBI’s courses as often as you wish (at no extra charge).
- Continue to follow up on your job applications.
What is the difference between investment banking and private equity?
They are similar, but here are some of the key differences:
- Traditional valuation methods are required for both practices, and there is some overlap between the two (PE specialists often begin their careers as investment bankers).
- However, investment bankers execute transactions on behalf of clients, PE specialists will execute transactions on behalf of their funds.
- Additionally, private equity firms, because they are handling their own capital, are much stricter with hiring requirements.
Once I complete the financial modeling training program, what materials will I get to keep?
Our deliverables are integral to our program. Part of our training includes giving you a detailed reference library which you can use throughout your investment career. Once you finish the course, you will have all the slides (over 500), all the Excel-based financial models and any other handouts offered in each session. They will be in electronic format, setup to easily print if you decide. This is an invaluable tool, as you will be able to use the Excel templates and reference materials at any firm where you become a financial analyst or associate.
What’s the difference between IBI’s courses and the material learned by an Ivy League MBA?
We’re much cheaper and more thorough. Let’s put it this way: our offerings are highly specialized and taught by instructors who have real-world experience, unlike the broader umbrella of an MBA program. In fact, we’ve taught MBA graduates these very skills.
Our course covers the same material as any first-year training program at a major financial institution, but to a deeper extent.
Can this course help me make an impression in an interview?
Yes. The skills you will get from IBI are deeper than what you will be taught when joining investment banks, private equity firms, or hedge funds. If you are looking for the inside edge, this is it.