Valuation & Financial Modeling
Our immersion program covers the most relevant valuation methodologies and modeling techniques used on Wall Street today. These are the same sessions that are provided to all incoming analysts and associates at banks, private equity firms, and hedge funds. As a result of the training, you will gain fluency in the language of finance, and if necessary, be able to ace any interviews not only in investment banking, but all other related industries in finance.
- Business undergrads and MBA’s
- Investment Banking analysts and associates
- Private Equity, Hedge Fund and Venture Capital analysts and associates
- Equity Research and Asset Wealth Management analysts and associates
- Corporate Finance and Business Development professionals
- Strategy Consultants & Entrepreneurs
- Career changers and industry professionals who want to hone their modeling skills
After this course student will:
- Build complete models of discounted cash flows, comparable company analysis, and precedent transactions.
- Understand how to review SEC filings and extract all of the relevant information.
- Build a three-statement model by tying together income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
- Develop a leveraged buyout (“LBO”) model, full-blown merger (“M&A”) model, and back of the envelope accretion dilution model.
- Have a marketable resume and be well prepared for technical questions in the interview process.
Class is limited to 15 students and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
For a syllabus please click here
Established in 2002, The Investment Banking Institute is the world’s largest financial modeling training
program, offering an accelerated career path for both current finance professionals and all individuals
seeking to enter the finance industry.
- 22 locations worldwide and over 35,000 graduates
- Over 1,200 class sessions conducted annually
- Market leading 9:1 student to teacher ratio
- Industry standard valuation methodologies
- Average 17 years of bulge bracket experience
- Average 8 years of teaching experience with IBI
- $225 billion in aggregate transaction volume
- Over 750 completed transactions
NEXT DALLAS CLASS
Worksuites – Los Colinas
320 Decker Drive, Suite 100
Irving, TX 75062
Office: (866) 661-4424
January 11 – January 19, 2020
Meet the Banker-Instructor
Art Baker is an accomplished corporate development and finance professional with 15+ years of experience and is currently the Chief Strategy Officer at Smart Start, a leading ignition interlock device provider. Art’s areas of expertise include financial modeling, valuation, M&A, operational finance, budgeting, forecasting, capital markets, negotiations and new business development. He is an active member of professional community and served on the board of Financial Executives International.
Previously Art was the Strategy and Business Development Manager for General Motors whose market cap exceeds $50 billion. He was also a Vice President of Mergers and Acquisitions in Capital Markets for the Royal Bank of Canada where he was directly responsible for sourcing, diligencing and executing over 25 transactions. He started his career working for the Yukos Oil Company in Moscow and Direct Energy in Toronto.