Valuation & Financial Modeling
This 28-hour immersion program covers the most relevant valuation methodologies and modeling techniques used on Wall Street today. These are the same sessions that are provided to all incoming analysts and associates at banks, private equity firms, and hedge funds. As a result of the training, you will gain fluency in the language of finance, and if necessary, be able to ace any interviews not only in investment banking, but all other related industries in finance.
- Business undergrads and MBA’s
- Investment Banking analysts and associates
- Private Equity, Hedge Fund and Venture Capital analysts and associates
- Equity Research and Asset Wealth Management analysts and associates
- Corporate Finance and Business Development professionals
- Strategy Consultants & Entrepreneurs
- Career changers and industry professionals who want to hone their modeling skills
After this course student will:
- Build complete models of discounted cash flows, comparable company analysis, and precedent transactions.
- Understand how to review SEC filings and extract all of the relevant information.
- Build a three-statement model by tying together income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
- Develop a leveraged buyout (“LBO”) model, full-blown merger (“M&A”) model, and back of the envelope accretion dilution model.
- Have a marketable resume and be well prepared for technical questions in the interview process.
Class is limited to 15 students and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
For a syllabus please click here
Established in 2002, The Investment Banking Institute is the world’s largest financial modeling training
program, offering an accelerated career path for both current finance professionals and all individuals
seeking to enter the finance industry.
- 22 locations worldwide and over 35,000 graduates
- Over 1,200 class sessions conducted annually
- Market leading 9:1 student to teacher ratio
- Industry standard valuation methodologies
- Average 17 years of bulge bracket experience
- Average 8 years of teaching experience with IBI
- $225 billion in aggregate transaction volume
- Over 750 completed transactions
IBI Instructor Spencer Adams
IBI Student Testimonials
NEXT CHICAGO CLASS
5600 North River Road
Chicago, IL 60018
Office: (866) 661-4424
JULY 27 – AUGUST 11, 2019
Sessions 1: Saturday, July 27
Sessions 2: Sunday, July 28
Sessions 3: Saturday, August 3
Sessions 4: Sunday, August 4
Sessions 5: Saturday, August 10
Sessions 6: Sunday, August 11
IBI Financial Modeling Course
Meet the Chicago Instructor
TARIK GALIJASEVIC is an accomplished investment banker with over 13 years of transaction experience across all product groups of investment banking and private equity including leveraged buyouts, mergers and acquisitions, private placements, IPOs and secondary offerings, dividend recaps, ABSs, high grade and high yield debt. Tarik has closed 25 transactions with total transaction value exceeding $25 billion across Europe, North America, Africa and Asia. He has advised large multi-nationals as well as small and middle-market companies across a spectrum of industries including Automotive, Shipping, Aerospace and Defense, Industrial, Consumer and Healthcare, Pharmaceutical and IT.
Tarik is currently a Director with Allstate Strategic Ventures where he is responsible for Venture Capital investments and manages every aspect of deal execution from sourcing and valuation to leading due diligence, structuring deals and negotiating terms. He has since led the $1.4B acquisition of SquareTrade, an extended warranty service provider for the consumer electronics industry.