Valuation & Financial Modeling
This 28-hour immersion program covers the most relevant valuation methodologies and modeling techniques used on Wall Street today. These are the same sessions that are provided to all incoming analysts and associates at banks, private equity firms, and hedge funds. As a result of the training, you will gain fluency in the language of finance, and if necessary, be able to ace any interviews not only in investment banking, but all other related industries in finance.
- Business undergrads and MBA’s
- Investment Banking analysts and associates
- Private Equity, Hedge Fund and Venture Capital analysts and associates
- Equity Research and Asset Wealth Management analysts and associates
- Corporate Finance and Business Development professionals
- Strategy Consultants & Entrepreneurs
- Career changers and industry professionals who want to hone their modeling skills
After this course student will:
- Build complete models of discounted cash flows, comparable company analysis, and precedent transactions.
- Understand how to review SEC filings and extract all of the relevant information.
- Build a three-statement model by tying together income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
- Develop a leveraged buyout (“LBO”) model, full-blown merger (“M&A”) model, and back of the envelope accretion dilution model.
- Have a marketable resume and be well prepared for technical questions in the interview process.
Class is limited to 15 students and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
For a syllabus please click here.
Established in 2002, The Investment Banking Institute is the world’s largest financial modeling training
program, offering an accelerated career path for both current finance professionals and all individuals
seeking to enter the finance industry.
- 22 locations worldwide and over 35,000 graduates
- Over 1,200 class sessions conducted annually
- Market leading 9:1 student to teacher ratio
- Industry standard valuation methodologies
- Average 17 years of bulge bracket experience
- Average 8 years of teaching experience with IBI
- $225 billion in aggregate transaction volume
- Over 750 completed transactions
IBI Instructor Spencer Adams
IBI Student Testimonials
NEXT BOSTON CLASS
10 Post Office Square, 8th Floor
Boston, MA 02109
Office: (866) 661-4424
OCTOBER 5 – OCTOBER 20 2019
10:00 AM — 3:30 PM
Session 1: Saturday, October 5
Session 2: Sunday, October 6
Session 3: Saturday, October 12
Session 4: Sunday, October 13
Session 5: Saturday, October 19
Session 6: Sunday, October 20
IBI Financial Modeling Course
Meet the Boston Instructor
Suvendu Pal is an entrepreneur, an independent and former Big 4 consultant, and executive with 21 years of experience in corporate finance. He has been actively involved with numerous corporate transactions throughout his career, including several complex and sizable debt restructurings and issuances, as well as multiple M&A and divestiture transactions. Suvendu has worked in several industries throughout his career, but his transaction experience has primarily revolved around retail, financial services and technology.
Suvendu began his finance career at Price Waterhouse, working with distressed clients in an advisory role, seeking corporate recovery through Chapter 11 and turnaround strategies which included multiple distressed corporate debt restructurings. He subsequently worked at Sallie Mae where he was involved in the company’s acquisition of multiple financial lending, servicing and collection targets. He was also a key target-side contributor in the attempted leveraged buyout of Sallie Mae by JP Morgan, Bank America and JC Flowers which, at that time, was the largest LBO in history. He is currently an active independent financial consultant and recently spent two years in an advisory role in the corporate carve out of publicly traded Navient Corporation. He is also a startup entrepreneur, having founded Gift Hero, a social media-based gifting platform.
Suvendu holds an MBA from Duke University with a concentration in corporate finance and B.S. and M.S. engineering degrees from both Tufts University and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, with a concentration in computational fluid and thermodynamics.